Sunday, August 4, 2013

SEA HUNT

One of my favorite shows..my friend Robbie Rogalski and I would call each other after each episode and talk about Mike Nelson (Lloyd Bridges) and his adventures underwater.  Both of us snorkeled, hand-gigged, hawaiian slinged, and finally single and double band arbeletted plenty of fish from Miami to the reefs offshore near Dania Beach.  We were very young and our mom's would drive us to the beach with our innertube floats with the "diver below" flags and we would dive all day and then swim the mile or so back to shore at sunset..Finally, mostly due to Sea Hunt, we both were certified scuba divers, saved up and bought tanks, regulators, and better fins, etc.  We both also got certified in first aid, lifeguard, wsi (water safety instructor) and advanced wsi.  Surfing started to take up some of my diving time and Robbie and I drifted apart after we graduated from high school.  We both attended different colleges and I haven't seen or talked to Robbie since 1969.  If he happens upon this Sea Hunt installment, I hope he remembers all the hours we spent in the water together...good times..








No comments:

Post a Comment