Thursday, August 8, 2013

AUNTIE NAUPUA

Today is the day that Auntie Naupua and her son Reed are being evicted from their little house on Kalihiwai Bay on the North Shore of Kauai.  Auntie has been a fixture on the bay for as long as I can remember and at 77 years old has no place to go.  I have been worried about her for months since she told me she might be getting "kicked" out of her house.   I thought maybe she hadn't paid property taxes and someone purchased the property by paying the back taxes.  I was wrong.  She told me yesterday that her sister owned the house and the nephew's wife and family decided they wanted to sell the place so Naupua and Reed had to go.  The little house survived two tsunami's but not the greed of the younger family members.  Auntie asked me to have a last budweiser with her on the lanai that I have shared with her many times before,,,and seen her sitting on for years.  I would go by almost every day when I would drive down to the bay to check the surf and beep my horn and wave..now i plan to drive by and beep my horn and flip a bird to whoever ends up there..Aloha Auntie Naupua and Reed..


©bobpolli 

 ©bobpolli
 ©bobpolli
 ©bobpolli
 ©bobpolli
 ©bobpolli

©bobpolli


©bobpolli




©bobpolli

 ©bobpolli
 ©bobpolli


 ©bobpolli
©bobpolli
ALOHA AUNTIE AND REED

No comments:

Post a Comment