Saturday, September 14, 2013

SHAKEY SATURDAY PART 2

Just ran across this photo which must be the photo taken before I spit beer on whoever took this picture and the beer spitting photo (SEE SHAKEY SATURDAY PART 1).  I have my hand on my trusty knife (not a Khukuri knife..couldn't find one back then) and, if you look hard, you can see my Gurkha hat hanging off the knife handle.  Until I saw this photo I had forgotten about my obsession with the Gurkhas..a fierce fighting crew from Nepal...mercenaries... much like the French Foreign Legion but much tougher.  Still in operation and used today by the Brits, U.S.A, etc..an elite force called on to do the dirty work, lead the charge, and butcher the enemy.  I loved them back then..wanted to join the FFL or the Gurkhas but instead spent about a year or two strutting around with my Gurkha hat and knife and getting into all kinds of trouble..

"IF A MAN SAYS HE IS NOT AFRAID OF DYING, HE IS EITHER LYING OR IS A GURKHA"






No comments:

Post a Comment