Wednesday, April 10, 2013

1973

THAT WAS THEN, AND THIS IS NOW

I ran across this photo of me when I was a high school guidance counselor at Brandon High School in Brandon, Florida.  I think it was 1973 and I was 26 years old or so.  By then I had graduated with a BA in Psychology and had gone back to graduate school and earned an MA in Mental Retardation, and Varying Exceptionalities and an MA in Counseling Psychology, and was hired at the  backcountry school because of my degrees and accredidation...and not because of my long hair.  I was very popular with the students who were struggling with busing and a dress and hair code policy. Despite my long hair, the administration eventually embraced me as one of their own and I had several years of positive experience at BHS.  I left to pursue an MFA in Fine Art Photography...and then later, a law degree...The long hair got cut after the artsy MFA period and I started my law career.  Now living on Kauai, it is deja vu all over again....

THEN:



NOW:
(grey and wiser?)






No comments:

Post a Comment